Photography Courses Workington
Hunday Manor Photography courses
Last night’s photography course went really well at Hunday Manor Country House near Workington. The photography course caters for all levels, from novice through to those just wanting to improve their digital photography and take better pictures.
Graeme Cameron Photography has successfully been running digital SLR photography courses in West Cumbria for several years. Understanding the basic’s of digital SLR photography is important in helping you develop your digital camera skills.
Some of the topic’s covered on the photography course:
- The basic parts of a camera – all the main parts, explaining what they do and how it works.
- The big 3 – Shutter Speed, Aperture & ISO, how they interact with each other.
- How to hold your digital camera – often overlooked but can make a big difference to your pictures.
- The unique relationship between Aperture & Shutter speed – keeping the balance.
- The secret in maintaining proper exposure – changes to one affects the other.
- What is Aperture Priority – explained, demonstrated and practiced.
- What is Shutter Priority – explained, demonstrated and practiced.
- How does Shutter speed affect your pictures – lets look at a few examples together.
- ISO explained – thank goodness, things have definitely moved on from the days of film.
- The impact of 18% Grey – forget 50 shades of grey !
- Metering and measuring light correctly – your camera wants to help you but can have a bad day when presented with challenging conditions.
- When to use Exposure Compensation – how to help your camera get the exposure right.
- How does Depth of Field affect your pictures – examples and scenarios discussed.
- Autofocus Points, we’ve all got them – ways and means of working quickly and efficiently to keep focused (no pun intended).
- The big argument of RAW verses JPEG – there’s only one clear winner.
- White Balance and colour tints – cool blues, warm whites or sick greens.
- Good composition explained – rules, guidelines, always a good discussion, everyone has an opinion, it’s all subjective.
- Perspective Distortion – it may blow your mind when you see what you can achieve.
The Hunday Manor Country House near Workington is an excellent venue with great facilities & staff.
Through years of experience we’ve discovered that splitting the course over two separate evenings works really well. The groups are kept intentionally small, normally 3 or 4 people in total. It works best if everyone brings their own digital camera. That way they can practice and familiarise themselves by finding settings and trying techniques as we work through the flexible syllabus together.
Contact us for further information
If our digital photography course sounds like your cup of tea and you fancy coming along sometime or just want some further information please give us a call. There’s still the option of e-mail and telephone but there’s now the inclusion of an on-line enquiry form. It’s for those that just need to make that initial enquiry and perhaps check out dates and availability.